By Barbara Klein, Richard Alan Long, Kenneth Ray Blackman, Diane Lynne Goff, Stephen Paul Nathan, Moira McFadden Lanyi, Margaret M. Wilson, John Butterweck, Sandra L. Sherrill
IBM’s Definitive One-Stop consultant to IMS models 12, eleven, and 10: for each IMS DBA, Developer, and process Programmer
Over ninety% of the head Fortune® one thousand businesses depend upon IBM’s details administration process (IMS) for his or her most crucial IBM process z® info administration wishes: 50,000,000,000+ transactions run via IMS databases each day. What’s extra, IBM keeps to improve IMS: models 12, eleven, and 10 meet today’s company demanding situations extra flexibly and at a lower price than ever earlier than. In An creation to IMS, moment Edition, major IBM specialists current the definitive technical advent to those types of IMS.
More than an entire instructional, this e-book presents up to date examples, situations, difficulties, suggestions, and a whole thesaurus of IMS terminology. Prerequisite studying for the present IBM IMS Mastery Certification application, it displays significant fresh improvements akin to dynamic details iteration; new entry, interoperability and improvement instruments; more advantageous SOA aid; and lots more and plenty extra. even if you’re a DBA, database developer, or approach programmer, it brings jointly all of the wisdom you’ll have to be successful with IMS in today’s venture severe environments.
- What IMS is, the way it works, the way it has developed, and the way it matches into smooth company IT architectures
- Providing safe entry to IMS through IMS-managed software programs
- Understanding how IMS and z/OS® interact to take advantage of and software program extra efficiently
- Setting up, working, and retaining IMS
- Running IMS Database supervisor: utilizing the IMS Hierarchical Database version, sharing facts, and reorganizing databases
- Understanding, using, and optimizing IMS Transaction Manager
- IMS software improvement: program programming for the IMS Database and IMS Transaction Managers, enhancing and formatting messages, and programming functions in Java™
- IMS process management: the IMS procedure definition technique, customizing IMS, protection, logging, IMS operations, database and approach restoration, and more
- IMS in Parallel Sysplex® environments: making sure excessive availability, supplying enough capability, and balancing workloads